Programmatic access to Nginx fcgi/proxy cache?

Brian Akins brian at
Fri Jan 13 15:46:19 UTC 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 8:57 AM, Martin Loy wrote:

the memc module is better for this, at least in my experience:

only does gets. redis2 module supports most redis commands:

I had issues in the past with the app writing into the cache and nginx reading from it. Partially because of the numerous apps we run nginx in front of.  I like nginx doing the reading and the writing.

this has worked well:
Or some simple lua using location captures.

if you used redis, for example, you could do something in lua to do the purging that took regexes fairly easily.