[ANNOUNCE] Tengine-1.2.3

Joshua Zhu zhuzhaoyuan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:41:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Ryan Brown <mp3geek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > OT:
> > Apache 2.4 is getting very hot these days. Some Apache guy even claimed
> it's
> > faster than Nginx. So I ran a simple benchmark. It turned out Nginx was
> > still the winner. More detailed information:
> > http://blog.zhuzhaoyuan.com/2012/02/apache-24-faster-than-nginx/
> Does the benchmark change if you use the 1.1.x series? Also I was
> looking at setting up a Ramdisk (serving static files) does using a
> Ramdisk increase throughput?

I believe there is no performance difference between nginx-1.0.x and
nginx-1.1.x when serving static files. Yet I think it worth a try.
Theoretically, using Ramdisk will be faster. But stressing the same file
should have the same effect, since most will be in the OS' vm cache.

Joshua Zhu
Senior Software Engineer
Server Platforms Team at Taobao