Limit Available Methods

Sergey A. Osokin osa at FreeBSD.org.ru
Thu Mar 1 10:39:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 05:18:48AM -0500, kamalakarv wrote:
> Want to limit OPTIONS and TRACE  method from nginx server
>
>  Referred following post( section #11)
>  Disable certain HTTP methods at global level, below article will help
> us to restrict at server block level
>   *
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-unix-bsd-nginx-webserver-security.html
>
>  We want to disable at global level because our configuration consist of
> so many server blocks

The ngx_http_dav_module module processes HTTP and WebDAV methods PUT, DELETE,
MKCOL, COPY, and MOVE, i.e. no OPTIONS and TRACE methods.
You may specify WebDAV methods with dav_methods directive, see
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_dav_module.html for details.

AFAIK OPTIONS method available with dav_ext third-party module
https://github.com/arut/nginx-dav-ext-module/

--
Sergey A. Osokin
osa at FreeBSD.org