Limit Available Methods

Sergey A. Osokin osa at
Thu Mar 1 10:39:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 05:18:48AM -0500, kamalakarv wrote:
> Want to limit OPTIONS and TRACE  method from nginx server
>  Referred following post( section #11)
>  Disable certain HTTP methods at global level, below article will help
> us to restrict at server block level
>   *
>  We want to disable at global level because our configuration consist of
> so many server blocks

The ngx_http_dav_module module processes HTTP and WebDAV methods PUT, DELETE,
MKCOL, COPY, and MOVE, i.e. no OPTIONS and TRACE methods.
You may specify WebDAV methods with dav_methods directive, see for details.

AFAIK OPTIONS method available with dav_ext third-party module

Sergey A. Osokin
osa at
osa at