Collapsing Empty Variables in Nginx Access Log When Using TAB Delimiter

adamchal nginx-forum at
Thu Mar 8 22:14:52 UTC 2012

Yeah, it would be awesome if I could replace the '-' with just an empty
string.  Does anyone have a good idea of how to implement?  The line
that currently sets the '-' as the NULL character in the logs is:

I thought about just writing a patch for it, but I'm not sure if that
would mess things up in the future.  Even still, what's the best way of
doing this?