Maintenance Page

Francis Daly francis at
Fri Mar 30 19:38:53 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:23:43AM +0530, trm asn wrote:

Hi there,

> I am looking for a maintenance page while working on the upstream Tomcat
> server. Below is my nginx.conf file. Is there anything wrong in this config
> , as it's not redirecting to the maintenance.html page.

This config seems to work for me.

When the appropriate maintenance.html is present, a request for /echo/foo
returns 503 and the maintenance content; otherwise, the request returns
the upstream response for /echo/foo.

What responses do you get from

  curl -i

when /var/www/ is present, and is not present?

(And is there anything unusual in the output of "nginx -V" and "nginx

Francis Daly        francis at