nginx proxing to large remote svn repository.

Duane Mulder duanemulder at
Sat Mar 31 00:24:30 UTC 2012

Hello all:
I currently have nginx 1.0.5 proxying http to remote svn server. The svn repo is over 400G in size and constitutes all large binary files with a active userbase of about 4000.  All works fine connecting directly with an svn client. Adding nginx in the mix we are seeing occasional time out errors in the nginx log. I have adjusted the some of the config time outs to be 75 seconds with no obvious luck. We are also seeing problems with the svn clients aborting with no recorded nginx error.

What I am wondering is, are there buffering streaming other config options that I am missing ? Should I move to a newer version of nginx ?