Disable default error_log?

Johan Brinch brinchj at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:07:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

It seems something in nginx has changed: I can no longer run it in
isolation as a user. Even if I disable or move all log files to a
place the user has control over, nginx will still try to open
"/var/log/nginx/error.log". Is this path hard-coded, or is it possible
to change it?

This the output I get when trying to run nginx with a custom configuration file:

$ nginx -g 'error_log /dev/null crit;' -q -c mynginx.conf
nginx: [alert] could not open error log file: open()
"/var/log/nginx/error.log" failed (13: Permission denied)

--
Johan Brinch