worker_connections are not enough

bernhardp nginx-forum at
Mon May 21 15:18:25 UTC 2012

I am working with nginx and everything works fine!
But when i set the worker_connections down on (for example 11) the page
can't load completely (some pictures are missing). In the error-log is
following error: worker_connections are not enough.
The apache-benchmark can even handle 4 requests on 11 worker_connections
without any error. (ab -n 100 -c 4...)
I just have one client. I am using proxy_pass/proxy_redirect. In my mind
I can use only 4 worker_connections
( But with 4 worker_connection the
browser can't load anything. (a blank page is the result)
In my mind the request gets cancelled.
Is this normal, is this a bug or is this my fault?