Caucho Resin: faster than nginx?

Liu Lantao liulantao at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:06:05 UTC 2012

We are making a nginx benchmark under 10Gbe network. For an empty page, we
get about 700k rps of nginx, in compare with about 100k rps of resin pro.

In caucho's test, they use i7 4 core / 8 HT, 2.8 GHZ, 8Meg Cache, 8 GB RAM,
and I use duo intel e5645. I think the result can be improved through some
tuning.

We tuned server configuration and nginx configuration, but didn't tune much
on resin. We didn't find any configuration of caucho's testing, neither
nginx nor resin. so i wonder how to make the rps of resin go above 100k?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Resin Pro 4.0.29, so whats the point? We are talking about open source
> software here, no?
> mike
>
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Adam Zell <zellster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > More details:
> >
> http://blog.caucho.com/2012/07/05/nginx-120-versus-resin-4029-performance-tests/
> > .
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Mike Dupont
> > <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> which version of resin did they use, the open source or pro version?
> >> mike

> http://www.caucho.com/resin-application-server/press/resin-java-web-server-outperforms-nginx/

> was
> Resin
> errors
> 20%
> was

> >> --
> >> James Michael DuPont
> >> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> >> Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> >> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com
> >> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> >> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

> > --
> > Adam
> > zellster at gmail.com

> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Liu Lantao
EMAIL: liulantao ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com ;
WEBSITE: http://www.liulantao.com/portal .