Different cache time for authentication & non auth users

Quintin Par quintinpar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 03:17:47 UTC 2012

Hi all,

How can I set separate caching expiration time for authenticated and non
auth users?

In my case the caching is set this way

proxy_cache_key         $scheme$host$request_uri$cookie_sessionid;

proxy_cache_valid       200 302 2m;

proxy_cache_use_stale   updating;

The presence of session ID ensure separate cache pages for auth & non auth
users.

But I want an experience where non auth users have a page cached for 1 hour
and auth users have a page cached for 2 mins.

How can I achieve this in Nginx? Can someone help?

FYI, this is under the same location directive.

- Quintin