Could people using auth-request please send me their actual nginx.conf files please?

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Sun Oct 21 16:29:48 UTC 2012

On 21 October 2012 13:57, Bob S. <farseas at> wrote:
> If you are successfully using auth request, -please send me your actual
> nginx.conf file.

I'm not using this module but, reading its README, it seems trivially
replaceable with X-Accel-Redirect and an "internal" location.

I'll be blogging our specific setup sometime soon, but in production
I'm basically using a modified version of what's described here:

For us, it works reliably, efficiently, without a 3rd party module,
delivering gigs of data a day.
I literally can't see what extra that module gives you.

Jonathan Matthews // Oxford, London, UK