Chunked Transfer

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Oct 29 10:08:22 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 04:58:46PM -0400, AJ Weber wrote:

> Asking, because the documentation looks like it's a little outdated
> on this...
>
> Is Chunked Transfer still not enabled OOTB?  This would seem like
> almost a mandatory feature of HTTP 1.1 to implement, and the only
> reference I could find is to separate source code/module/patch that
> I would have to download and recompile all of nginx for?
>
> Has it been implemented or added to the default, pre-compiled
> packages and I just can't see it in the nginx -V output?
>
> I need the ability to upload large content, and this would appear to
> be the proper way to do that.

I'm working on it, and it's expected to be available later this
month.

BTW, if you know examples of real-world use of chunked transfer
encoding by clients - please let me know.  AFAIK no browsers use
it, and most widespread example I'm aware of is the webdav client
in Mac OS X.

http://nginx.com/support.html