Nginx Upstream Check can not find the check servers on status page

Markus Jelsma markus.jelsma at
Mon Sep 3 13:39:21 UTC 2012

We use the Nginx upstream check module [1] with the Nginx upstream fair module for Nginx 1.2.2. Whenever we disable the fair module or compile without the fair module we cannot view the healthcheck status page and the following error is logged:

2012/09/03 13:20:48 [error] 28149#0: *1 [http upstream check] can not find the check servers, have you added the check servers? , client:, server: localhost, request: "GET /healthcheck_status HTTP/1.1", host: ""