nginx-extras (1.4.1 Ubuntu precise) cache loader/manager issue

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at
Wed Aug 14 07:41:29 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 14 August 2013 04:39:04 nmarques wrote:
> Dear people,
> I used for a while the nginx-extras 1.4.1 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (precise); I
> used this package since it supported 'more_clear_headers' which was useful
> to hide some headers (LifeRay headers). As you have guessed, I'm using
> nginx for reverse proxying and from a while for caching (as an alternative
> to varnish).
> I've run into a strange problem; If I use nginx-full I have no problems
> what-so-ever and the cache manager/loader do run properly and it works like
> I charm (but I can't hide the headers! any alternative method is most
> welcome); If I use the nginx-extras the cache manager/loader is utterly
> broken and I get this output:

Why don't you use "proxy_hide_header" (or "fastcgi_hide_header" in case if you
use fastcgi)?

> Now, either this build has some addon which breaks nginx (?) or the build
> somehow is broken in some weird way...

The "nginx-extras" package from debian/ubuntu community repository has many
3-rd party modules that can break nginx.

We recommend official nginx packages:

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev