Problem with client_max_body_size

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Tue Feb 5 15:08:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 03:08:03PM +0100, dast at c-base wrote:

> So, what can i check?
> What is wrong in my config?
> Why is client_max_body_size ignored?
> Does client_max_body_size not work on https?
> Does client_max_body_size not work on PUT requests?
> After 2 days of testing i hav no idea that to check. :(

Try starting with "nginx -t".  Or, more precisely, making sure the
configuration you have on disk is actually loaded into nginx.

I suspect your problem is that there is some error in your config,
and nginx refuses to reload configuration due to it (nginx will
complain into global error log in such a case, but it is proven to
be easy to overlook).

Maxim Dounin