Is HTTP 1.1 chuncked file encoding on upstream fastcgi servers working for nginx 1.2.4 ?

SirNoSkill quandary82 at
Thu Feb 7 11:31:02 UTC 2013

I have a question regarding nginx-fastcgi.

I use nginx 1.2.4 from here:
sudo -s
nginx=stable # use nginx=development for latest development version
add-apt-repository ppa:nginx/$nginx
apt-get update
apt-get install nginx

The, I use ASP.NET MVC3 on Linux with nginx.
To do that, I forward requests to nginx via fastcgi-mono-server4.

So far it works fine, except for this little problem here:
which I have also forwarded to the mono mailing-list, here:

It seems to have something todo with HTTP 1.1's chunked transfer
encoding via the fastcgi-mono-server4.
So my question to the nginx people:
Does this version of nginx (1.2.4) support HTTP 1.1 + chunked transfer
encoding, and that also for the fastcgi-upstream servers ?
Because according to links found via quora, it does.

Second, do I have to add any nginx config file variables to make it work

I googled a bit and found these options:
chunked_transfer_encoding on;
fastcgi_keep_conn on;
proxy_http_version 1.1;

If so, is this the correct place (see mono mailing list link for
complete entry):
location / {
root /home/danillo/www/HomePage;
#index index.html index.htm default.aspx Default.aspx;
#fastcgi_index Default.aspx;
include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
chunked_transfer_encoding on;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
#fastcgi_keep_conn on;

Or are the 3 options mentioned above "ON" by default, so that I do not
need to specify them ?
Am I missing something configuration-wise ?

Because I just want to rule out the possibility of this actually being a
nginx or a missing-nginx-configuration-option bug.

  quandary82 at

-- - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again