installing nginx on centos should be straightforward

mottwsc nginx-forum at
Sat Feb 16 22:27:51 UTC 2013

I have set up a virtual server with a LAMP stack (Centos 6.3) and am now
trying to install nginx to use as a proxy server.  I have been told to
download from sudo rpm -Uvh and
have done so prior to trying to install nginx.  However, something was wrong
with this because when I tried to install nginx (sudo yum install nginx),
there were a number of packages that were skipped due to dependency
problems.  When I tried to start nginx, it could not find the files.

Given that nginx is a well-used server, this has to be easier than what I am
encountering.  Does anyone know the correct commands to set this up so that
nginx can install?