Using Nginx auth in PHP scripts

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Tue Feb 26 20:58:56 UTC 2013

The only information I got on the Web was to protect folders with Nginx
auth, just like the plein old Apache's .htaccess.

I am already using AuthPlain to secure a folder with Nginx, using PHP
scripts inside.
I wonder if it was possible to use Nginx auth information inside those PHP

More precisely, I would have a directory protected with AuthPlain and I
would have a script (let's call it index.php) being called when the
authentication is successful.
The AuthPlain has several users registered and I would like to know if
index.php might be aware who logged in to welcom him with his/her username.

Am I dreaming too much ?
*B. R.*