Exchange / Outlook - RPC Method and Error 405

gmor nginx-forum at
Thu Feb 28 14:15:52 UTC 2013

Thanks for the quick response. I've done what you suggested with the
following results:

>simple way to do this would be to just throw away all funny
>regexp locations you wrote in your config, and start with a simple

>location / {
>proxy_pass http://backend;

Absolutely happy to.

Now I'm seeing slightly different behaviour. No more 405 errors, the Outlook
client just hangs now, eventually reporting 'Server not Available'

In the debug log, I'm now seeing the following:

2013/02/28 13:56:55 [info] 3150#0: *1 client prematurely closed connection,
client:, server: , request: "RPC_IN_DATA
/rpc/rpcproxy.dll? HTTP/1.1", host:
2013/02/28 13:56:55 [info] 3150#0: *2 client prematurely closed connection,
so upstream connection is closed too (104: Connection reset by peer) while
reading upstream, client:, server: , request: "RPC_OUT_DATA
/rpc/rpcproxy.dll? HTTP/1.1", upstream:
host: ""

Which is me eventually cancelling the Outlook connection. This is evident
from tailing the debug log - Nothing during the connection; but these events
which the connection attempt is cancelled.

Good news, Error 405 doesn't seem to be the cause of my issues, it would
appear that my location directives were wrong in some way.

Bad news, Outlook Anywhere still isn't working.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.