Does anyone know of an Interface that can provide/manage text configuration snippets for nginx

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Tue Jan 15 19:30:05 UTC 2013

On 15 January 2013 19:02, Buzi Buzi <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,im a newbie to Nginx.
> I'm in search of an Interface that can provide/manage "text
> configuration-snippets" for Nginx.
> As my server is intended to serve as a reverse proxy for multiple sites
> with  dynamic fast-changing sub_filter configurations.
>
> can anyone point me to a starting point ?

Tools like these, which don't explicitly include a GUI, are where much
good work is being done these days:

* http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/nginx
* https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-nginx

> if such an interface doesn't exist and you had to develop one, how would
> you  go upon doing it for best performance on Linux (software
> architecture/language) ?

Given that you say you're new to nginx, may I suggest you don't jump
straight in to fill what you perceive as a tools gap. Perhaps you
should get some experience running it in production so you know what
would /actually/ be important to you, hence which tooling gaps need
filling and which really don't.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--