Give it a solution for nginx to support cronolog like apache2

Piotr Karbowski jabberuser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:12:48 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 09:53 PM, Markus "bionix(-it)" wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm looking for a good (maybe native) solution to use cronolog with nginx.
> I found only these two links [1]+[2], but I'm looking for a better
> solution like a module or a code upgrade.
>
> Is a native solution in development or maybe give it a nginx patch?
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus "bionix"
>
> [1] http://pjkh.com/articles/nginx-and-cronolog/
> [2] https://gist.github.com/2891895

Well you could try make a log (error/access) format with
vhost/domain/whatever there and setup single access_log/error_log
location, which would be a fifo with cronolog cronolog connected to it,
note that I have no idea whatever nginx can write to fifo (or will
replace it with a file instead) but worth trying, to not slow down nginx
because of the read-fifo flow you could use ftee (find ftee.c somewhere
on the internet) and open fifo with it forwarding stdout to cronolog.

The above solution sounds like a overkill but if you want realtime
cronolog...

-- Piotr.