Give it a solution for nginx to support cronolog like apache2

姚伟斌 yaoweibin at
Fri Jan 25 03:29:28 UTC 2013

Maybe tengine is a solution. It can support pipe natively The documentation
is here:

You can configure the cronolog ilke this:

error_log "pipe:/path/to/sbin/cronolog
/path/to/logs/%Y/%m/%Y-%m-%d-error_log" warn;
access_log "pipe:/path/to/sbin/cronolog
/path/to/logs/%Y/%m/%Y-%m-%d-access_log" format;

2013/1/25 Piotr Karbowski <jabberuser at>

> On 01/24/2013 09:53 PM, Markus "bionix(-it)" wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>> I'm looking for a good (maybe native) solution to use cronolog with nginx.
>> I found only these two links [1]+[2], but I'm looking for a better
>> solution like a module or a code upgrade.
>> Is a native solution in development or maybe give it a nginx patch?
>> Regards,
>> Markus "bionix"
>> [1]**nginx-and-cronolog/<>
>> [2]**2891895 <>
> Well you could try make a log (error/access) format with
> vhost/domain/whatever there and setup single access_log/error_log location,
> which would be a fifo with cronolog cronolog connected to it, note that I
> have no idea whatever nginx can write to fifo (or will replace it with a
> file instead) but worth trying, to not slow down nginx because of the
> read-fifo flow you could use ftee (find ftee.c somewhere on the internet)
> and open fifo with it forwarding stdout to cronolog.
> The above solution sounds like a overkill but if you want realtime
> cronolog...
> -- Piotr.
> nginx at

Weibin Yao