nginx 411 error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jan 30 15:09:52 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 01:57:27PM +0100, Axel wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> are you sure that an upgrade to nginx 1.3.x is required?
>
> I had this issue a while ago and I solved it by adding
>
>    chunkin on;
>    error_page 411 = @my_411_error;
>    location @my_411_error {
>       chunkin_resume;
>    }
>
> to my vHost configuration.
> I never had this error again.

This uses agentzh chunkin module, which is probably good enough if
you have no other options, but a) not something officially
supported and b) known to have limitations (e.g., AFAIR it doesn't
work with DAV module).

With support for chunked Transfer-Encoding available in 1.3.9+ I
would recommend using nginx 1.3.x instead.

http://nginx.com/support.html