Nginx changing settings on the fly?

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Fri Jul 26 22:50:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM, YesThatGuy <nginx-forum at> wrote:

> B.R. thanks for not answering the question. Perhaps you'd do well to
> RTFM(essage)?
No problem, you are welcome...​

> Should I assume that that only way to set the weight parameter is by
> updating the config file and reloading the config?

If you RTFM and got interested in Nginx design and the way it deals with
its configuration, you would have known that a master process loads the
configuration and spawns workers which only job is to deal with requests.​

So... Changing configuration would mean signaling the master process in
some way...

You could write configuration in a conf.d directory where Nginx loads
*.conf files with a script and then automatically behind signal Nginx to
reload the conf with the same script.

> Posted at Nginx Forum:
> nginx at

I am deeply sorry to have provided you with a RTFM answer that outraged you.
Please accept my apologies and rest assured that won't occur anymore.
Sometimes silence is golden.
*B. R.*