Nginx changing settings on the fly?

YesThatGuy nginx-forum at
Sat Jul 27 00:26:02 UTC 2013

> So... Changing configuration would mean signaling the master process in
some way...

Sounds like it wouldn't be a good environment for frequently updating config
values, and it doesn't seem like it would be a simple "bolt-on" feature
given the architecture involved.

> I am deeply sorry to have provided you with a RTFM answer that outraged
> Please accept my apologies and rest assured that won't occur anymore.
> Sometimes silence is golden.

I've made the same mistake. My reply may have been un-necessarily short as
well, and for that I apologize in kind.