Nginx proxy_intercept_errors

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Mar 6 14:31:59 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 04:02:30PM +0200, Kiril Kalchev wrote:

> Is there any way to force nginx to read request body? I really
> don't care about this overhead, I hit connection limit much more
> faster. Thank you for the super fast answer.

No, there is no way to force nginx to read response body - errors
interception happens right after reading response headers and
before the body is read.  (Well, you may configure another proxy
layer without intercept errors, but this probably doesn't counts
as a real solution to what you are trying to do.)

On the other hand, if you have only 403/404 responses you want to
intercept - you may force your backend to return only headers by
using

    proxy_method HEAD;

in your config (see http://nginx.org/r/proxy_method).

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html