'Primary' domain in server block?

Tom Barrett tom at miramedia.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 09:30:01 UTC 2013

Hi

I'm doing some work with PayPal integration. My server block looks like
this:

server {
  server_name dev01.localmap.net dev01.devsite.co.uk;
  ..
}

The work is being done in under 'dev01.devsite.co.uk' domain. However, for
link backs from PayPal,  it is working out that it should be '
dev01.localmap.net'. If I switch the two around in the server block, then
PayPal picks that up.

How is PayPal doing that? And are there any config settings I can use to
change this behaviour?

It is not a major issue, mainly it is confusing some testers who are
'losing' cookie data. I'm looking to explain the situation and make sure we
have a nice solution to it.

Thanks,
Tom