'Primary' domain in server block?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Mar 7 17:06:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 09:30:01AM +0000, Tom Barrett wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm doing some work with PayPal integration.

How does nginx talk to your PayPal integration system?

proxy_pass, fastcgi_pass, something else?

> The work is being done in under 'dev01.devsite.co.uk' domain. However, for
> link backs from PayPal,  it is working out that it should be '
> dev01.localmap.net'. If I switch the two around in the server block, then
> PayPal picks that up.

In nginx, the variable $server_name is the first entry for the server_name
directive in the appropriate server{} block.

There are circumstances in which the variable $host will take that value.

> How is PayPal doing that?

Presumably you're giving the information it to PayPal somehow?

> And are there any config settings I can use to
> change this behaviour?

Probably. What's your current relevant config?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org