Need to proxypass to different servers.

Geo P.C. pcgeopc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 03:55:09 UTC 2013

We have 3 servers with Nginx as webserver. The setup is as follows:

Server1 : Proxy server

Server2 : App Server1

Server3 : App Server 2

In both App servers port 80 is accessed only by Proxy server.

We need to setup in such a way that while accessing geotest.com it will go
to proxy server and then it should proxypass to app server1 and while
accessing  geotest.com/cms it should go to proxy server and then to app
server 2.

So in proxy server we need to setup as while accessing geotest.com and all
its subdirectories like geotest.com/* it should go to app server 1 except
while accessing geotest.com/cms and its subdirectories it should go to app
server2.

Please let us know how we can configure it.

In proxy server we setup as follows but is not working:

server {

                listen 80;

server_name geotest.com;

                location / {