Need to proxypass to different servers.

Geo P.C. pcgeopc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:12:25 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply. Please see this:

In Proxy server we have the setup as follows:

server {

  listen 80;

                 server_name geotest.com;

                 proxy_buffering on;

 proxy_redirect     off;

                proxy_set_header   Host             $host;

                proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;

                 proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For
$proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

location / {

                                proxy_pass       http://192.168.0.1/;  #app1
server

}

location /cms {

                                proxy_pass       http://192.168.0.2/;   #
app2 server

Now while accessing the url the result are as follows:

1.       geotest.com à Working fine getting the contents of app1 server

2.       geotest.com/a1 à Working fine getting the contents of app1 server

3.       geotest.com/cms à Not working. Site proxypass to app2 server but
we are getting a 404 page.

4.       geotest.com/cmsssss àSame as above result.

For your information the cms application running app2 server is graphite
server and you can find the nginx configuration file from the url:
http://www.frlinux.eu/?p=199 in which we use the server name as geotest.com

So can you please help us on it.

Thanks

Geo