Too Many Redirects - CDN Rewrite Rule

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Mar 21 18:10:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:20:53AM -0400, toddlahman wrote:

Hi there,

> It is possible my CDN is using the same ruleset. I am using MaxCDN, and they
> use Nginx to serve static images. How would I write this ruleset to be
> compatible with MaxCDN (aka NetDNA)?

You shouldn't have to care.

If your server is configured to cause a redirect loop, it's your
problem. If their one is, it's their problem.

So: which server is causing the "Too Many Redirects"?

  curl -i http://yourserver/XXico

Do you get a http redirect? What happens when you "curl -i" the returned
Location: value?

Repeat until you can see which server (yourserver or the cdn) is causing
the redirect chain.

Then fix that server.

Francis Daly        francis at