Too Many Redirects - CDN Rewrite Rule

toddlahman nginx-forum at
Thu Mar 21 19:13:43 UTC 2013

I talked to NetDNA and they said my redirect would in fact cause a redirect
loop. Unfortunately the PHP project I am using the CDN for would take a long
time to convert URLs to the CDN for static files so another route may be a
better solution.

There has been mention of using proxy_pass to an upstream to pass static
files off to the upstream CDN. I've tried a few different ways to apply
this, but none have worked. Does anyone have a working proxy_pass solution
to offload static files to the CDN?