Why use haproxy now ?

Heřbolt, Lukáš lukas.herbolt at etnetera.cz
Fri Mar 29 09:56:13 UTC 2013

Yes and no, persistent cache is marked as experimental.
And actually we are testing Apache Traffic Server as cache server.

As I said before nginx is great http server and good proxy but haproxy has
more features.
I hope that nginx will be as good as haproxy in proxy mode. But this time
is slower and has less features
so we used it for SSL termination.

Lukas Herbolt

etnetera

On 29 March 2013 08:19, Igor Sysoev <igor at sysoev.ru> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2013, at 19:20 , Reinis Rozitis wrote:
>
> > Also the cache residing 1:1 on the filesystem makes it problematic in
> setups where you have a lot of cachable objects. At least in my case the
> nginx cache manager process took way too much resources/io when traversing
> the directory tree with few milion files versus storing them all in a
> single mmaped file.
>
> Did you try nginx cache since version 1.1.0?
>
> Changes with nginx 1.1.0                                         01 Aug
> 2011
>
>     *) Feature: cache loader run time decrease.
>
> BTW, do you use Varnish persistent cache?
>

> --
> Igor Sysoev
> http://nginx.com/services.html

Lukáš Heřbolt
Linux Administrator

ET NETERA | smart e-business
[a] Milady Horákové 108, 160 00 Praha 6
[t] +420 725 267 158 [i] www.etnetera.cz
~
[www.ifortuna.cz  | www.o2.cz    | www.datart.cz ]
[www.skodaplus.cz | www.nivea.cz | www.allianz.cz]

Created by ET NETERA | Powered by jNetPublish