Upstream timeout

thmarx nginx-forum at
Sun May 5 15:43:08 UTC 2013

I'm using nginx 1.4.0 as loadbalancer for 2 jetty servers. At my windows
development/test system I have simple added the following to the default
upstream  backend  {
	server {
		location / {
			proxy_pass  http://backend;
	} is just an entry in my local host config.
When I start everything it seems to work properly but after some requests,
max 10, the nginx does not work anymore. no more requests are being
processed. When I restart the nginx server, it works for the next few
When I call the backendservers directy in the browser the requests are
processed correctly.

I haven't tested in on a linux machine, maybe it will work there. But for
testeing it would be nice, if it would work on my windows system too.

Any hints?

Kind regards