Debugging and ubuntu

Ian Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Fri Nov 22 07:01:52 UTC 2013

Been running nginx for _years_ on centos and am in the process of
migrating to an Ubuntu (raring) server.

I've always compiled from source before but figured I'd use the Ubuntu
apt-get install.

For whatever reason, testing is not working at all (I can serve static
but not php) and I set the error_log level to debug, but I'm still
getting notice level messages.

Does the package version not include debug (don't see it with -V) and if
so how can I get it through the package system?

My previous CentOS migration was smooth, so I don't know why this one
has me tearing my hair out.