Debugging and ubuntu

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Nov 22 09:06:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 02:01:52AM -0500, Ian Evans wrote:

Hi there,

> Does the package version not include debug (don't see it with -V) and if
> so how can I get it through the package system?

There's more than one nginx package in Ubuntu (raring).

Perhaps you haven't installed the one you want to.

> My previous CentOS migration was smooth, so I don't know why this one
> has me tearing my hair out.

You know The CentOS Way -- or you bypassed it by building yourself.

You don't know The Ubuntu Way.

I suspect that you'll be unhappy until you learn it, or until you learn
to bypass it.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org