Re: Root inside Location Block? Pitfalls says NO, Beginner’s Guide says YES

chrisrob nginx-forum at
Thu Sep 19 12:20:07 UTC 2013

Thanks Maxim,

That's pretty obvious I suppose - providing that a root at Server context
level is always the default in absence of root in Location Block.

I had only been reading the docs for 30 mins, after downloading nginx, and
that just jumped out at me. I'd better make sure I read all the docs before
posting here again - but I still think "Pitfalls" could be more specific,
moan, moan...