Intermittent failures with SecureChannelFailure error on client

Venkat Morampudi Venkat.Morampudi at
Thu Apr 17 18:34:14 UTC 2014

We are using NGINX (version 1.4.4) in front of HAProxy for SSl termination. We are seeing intermittent  "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" failure from our .net client. On enabling  debug logging on NGINX the following error is being recorded at the same time the client see the error.

[info] 27456#0: *43842 SSL_do_handshake() failed (SSL: error:1408C095:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_FINISHED:digest check failed) while SSL handshaking, client:, server:

Based on the documentation I have disabled ssl session reuse, it didn't seem to help.

Suggestion are really appreciated.

This message and any attachments contain information that may be RMS Inc. confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), and have received this message in error, any use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail and permanently deleting the message from your computer and/or storage system.