Building nginx with TCP_FASTOPEN enabled

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Sun Aug 10 00:33:00 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 02:19:32PM -0400, mastercan wrote:

> Hello,
> I've tried to use "fastopen" in the listen directive but nginx gave me an
> error that the option is unkown.
> I'm using nginx 1.7.4 on Debian Wheezy 3.14.13 kernel.
> I've compiled nginx myself.
> When I run the configure command, I get:
> "checking for TCP_FASTOPEN ... not found"
> 'cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fastopen' gives me "3" - I also tried it with
> the value "2".
> Why does my system not support TCP fastopen? My kernel is recent enough...

Try looking into objs/autoconf.err, it has details about configure
test failures.  Most likely, the TCP_FASTOPEN constant isn't
defined since your glibc isn't recent enough, something like 2.18+
is needed.

Maxim Dounin