unable to install nginx via nginx.org repo with centos7

Tim tim at bastelfreak.de
Fri Aug 22 11:49:23 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I'm running a fresh installed CentOS7 and added your repo via

I get the following issue if I try to install the nginx package:

[root at server]# yum install nginx
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
  * base: mirror.netcologne.de
  * epel: mirror.imt-systems.com
  * extras: mirror.skylink-datacenter.de
  * updates: mirror.23media.de
51 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package nginx.x86_64 0:1.6.1-1.el6.ngx will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: libpcre.so.0()(64bit) for package:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: nginx-1.6.1-1.el6.ngx.x86_64 (nginx-release)
            Requires: libpcre.so.0()(64bit)
  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
[root at server]#

the 51 protected packages are because of the also added puppetlabs repo
which got a high priority than the base one. Any Ideas about the libpcre
issue? I wasn't able to find the suitable rpm via the default CentOS
repos. Do you have to add it to your mirror?

kind regards,