Launching Excel in a production web server on a Mac

Anth Anth lists at
Tue Jan 28 23:01:30 UTC 2014

I have written some code that will open Excel, edit a spreadsheet, then
save and print the sheet.  This code needs to run on a production web
server in a Rails app.  When I run it using Webrick (running under my
user) everything is great.  When I try it on the production server
(nginx running as root), not so great.

I knew heading into this that this scenario was a longshot to work.  My
question is is this even remotely possible?  If not, does anyone have
any alternate suggestions?

Posted via