Hosting a web application from a subsite

Ron Scott-Adams ron at
Mon Jul 7 06:39:32 UTC 2014

I’m not having much luck trying to configure this site the way I want. I’m modifying to suit a case in which it is served out of a subsite location, e.g.

I’ve created 2 configuration files. One is included outside the server sections of the main site’s configuration file:

The second is included from the server 443 section of the site:

I was attempting to deliver this via proxy_pass, but it appears I’ve failed: the error log throws:
[error] 30196#0: *6289 upstream sent unsupported FastCGI protocol version: 72 while reading response header from upstream, client:, server:, request: "GET /stats/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://", host: ""