[ANN] Windows nginx 1.7.4.2 WhiteRabbit

c0nw0nk nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jul 31 16:15:55 UTC 2014

Thats what i have been doing not enocunterd any issues as such yet with
Nginx or PHP i am also curious if it possible to execute compression of
images via Nginx, For those of us who use CloudFlare.com already know that
cloudflare performs lossless image compression most likely the same way via
linux.

On windows we have the following tool avaliable what just executes a series
of command line tools to compress images.
http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=FileOptimizer aswell as
various other files zip, rar, gzip, png ,jpeg the list is endless.

But to save having to compress images manualy especialy if dealing with a
site that takes image/media uploads could we not have nginx execute the
program via a command line module for images it is serving.

I looked through the modules list the only one i could find that might make
use of the exec function is the following.
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpEchoModule

http://wiki.nginx.org/3rdPartyModules

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,252064,252182#msg-252182