nginx throws a 502 (invalid header) when downloading a file attachment if filename has a space character

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:16:14 UTC 2014

Hi Kunal,

> I used the web browser but didn't see this Content-disposition header
> in the response. Only saw these response headers.

We need to see the Content-disposition, everything else makes no sense.

Are you trying against the nginx frontend or your backend? If it is nginx
you're connecting to, you abviously need a filename without spaces otherwise
the response will not show up on your browser.

> Using the curl to get the file directly from the backend server keeps
> throwing the http 404 must authenticate error don't know why as i am
> supplying the -u username:password as well

Fix your authentication problem. Only you know how your backend
authenticates users, we can't tell you that (perhaps you need cookies).

Regards,

Lukas