double slashes redirection

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Mon Oct 6 10:09:05 UTC 2014

By default, nginx 'cleanse' URI by decoding/correcting specific cases
before matching it against a location. The multiple slashes are part of it.
Read how location
<> works.

I suppose the internal $uri
<> variable
holds watch nginx uses for its logic, but in any case holds a
decoded/corrected version of the URI.

If you *do not* want nginx to automatically try to correct multiple
slashes, you can override the default configuration for the corresponding
Be careful then: your locations won't match if they do not find any exact
stanza suitable for them. ;o)

You will be up for the pain you asked for...
*B. R.*

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Benoit Vasseur <bvasseur at>