AW: Nginx Load Balancing Two Squid Forward Proxyies

Alexander.Eck at Alexander.Eck at
Wed Oct 29 14:26:40 UTC 2014

HI !

Thanks fort he reply.  Yeah i know nginx is a reverse proxy, but i found some tutorials using it in front of squid as forward proxy...well they didnt really work...   Seems like i have to look for another solution to build a failover forward proxy :S

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nginx-bounces at [mailto:nginx-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Maxim Dounin
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2014 14:51
An: nginx at
Betreff: Re: Nginx Load Balancing Two Squid Forward Proxyies

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:23:48PM +0000, Alexander.Eck at wrote:

> I'm using my nginx in the proxy settings of my internet explorer and
> try to visit e.g.<> .
> The request gets forwarded to the first of my server (as the second is
> only backup), but the requested URL get exchanged to " / " . So my
> question is:
> Is there a way to pass the requested URL, nginx is receiving, forward
> to my two squid servers ?

There is a problem with your setup.  You are trying to use nginx as a forward proxy, while nginx isn't a forward proxy, it's a reverse proxy.  While it is possible to configure nginx as a forward proxy with some limitations (try google if you really wish to do it), this isn't something supported.

Maxim Dounin

nginx mailing list
nginx at