How often ssl_stapling_file picks up an updated file?

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Sun Apr 5 19:16:43 UTC 2015

If nginx manages those files like the others (like logs), it (re)opens them
on reload/restart.
You might tweak your updating script to also send a HUP signal to nginx. It
would be recommanded to check the error log on reload, as errors (if any)
will appear there.

You might also simply use the ssl_stapling
directive, with which nginx will manage the cache of the received OCSP
answer in memory by itself.
Why are not you using this method?
*B. R.*