Site should not be accessed through IP

Sebastian Stabbert Sebastian.Stabbert at
Thu Apr 9 18:12:00 UTC 2015

configure a site first, which does the „default“ handling and has no content?

Am 09.04.2015 um 20:09 schrieb blason <nginx-forum at>:

> Hi Guys,
> I have my nginx box deployed as a reverse proxy serving almost more than 10
> sites. But when I browse through 1 IP the first site configured gets
> accessed. I dont want anyone to access the sites through IP, by using only
> FQDN sites should be accesible.
> So anyone trying to access the site using IP should recieve a host not found
> or may be error like COnnection reset.
> Can we do that in nginx?
> Posted at Nginx Forum:,257927,257927#msg-257927
> nginx at

Sebastian Stabbert

Host Europe GmbH is a company of HEG

Telefon: +49 2203 1045-7362

Host Europe GmbH -
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln
Geschäftsführer: Tobias Mohr, Patrick Pulvermüller