VHost Guidance

Jason Woods devel at jasonwoods.me.uk
Mon Apr 20 18:01:09 UTC 2015

Try port scan your network assigned IP and not 127.0.0.1.

If something listens on 192.168.0.10:8080 for example, which is not 127.0.0.1, it will block requests for listening on "all interfaces" (0.0.0.0) which Nginx is trying to do, because one or more interface is in use for that port.

netstat -ln
Will tell you all listening ports and interfaces on most OS and is always preferred over port scans as its direct information that does not rely on successful connection that a firewall may block.

Hope it helps

Jason