Nginx & Digest authentication

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Aug 11 17:43:08 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 01:49:37PM +0000, Arun John (arujohn) wrote:

> The “get” requests were failing and nginx was not forwarding the headers
> required for the authentication. The result was same as before. I have
> shared the configs. May be I am missing some minor configurations?

Please define "the headers required for the authentication".  If
you think some headers are not passed, it would be good idea to
look into what happens on the wire to be specific.  Debug log
should be enough to see detailed info about headers send/received,
see here:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html

Altrenatively, you can use tcpdump to see what actually happens on
the wire.

Note though, that Digest authentication can be easily screwed up
by URI changes.  Your configuration suggests that you are trying
to change some URIs.  Make sure you aren't testing with these URIs
you are trying to change.  Or, better yet, try with just
proxy_pass and nothing more, as initially suggested.

http://nginx.org/